It’s official… the Association of Professional Landscape Designers Connecticut Chapter has some new leaders at its helm.
While we thank our prior leaders for their dedication and hard work, we’re excited for what lies ahead for our chapter and its members in the coming year…..
For 2013, the APLD Connecticut Chapter officers are:
- President – Mary Ellen Pirozzoli, Verdesigns in Ridgefield
- Vice President – Rich Schipul, APLD, Designing Eden in New Milford
- Secretary – Dede Delaney, Red Twig Garden Design in Windham
- Treasurer – Laura Rock, Laura Rock Landscape Design Services in Waterbury
The Connecticut chapter also has three new Directors at Large:
- Scott Hokunson, Blue Heron Landscape Design in Granby
- Richard Rosiello, Rosiello Designs in New Milford
- Lucy Van Liew, Lucy Van Liew Gardens in Madison
Congratulations to all our 2013 Board of Directors!
Stay tuned for easy ways you can join in the excitement and get involved in our Chapter.
In our ongoing efforts to not only raise awareness of the value of professional landscape design among Connecticut homeowners but to also help promote APLD Connecticut members and their businesses, our chapter has partnered with Connecticut Gardener magazine to provide a column on plants and landscape design-related issues written by our members.
Much like a traditional roundtable, the column entitled, Designer Forum, will focus on one topic each edition and offer three different perspectives. Our inaugural column is featured in the July/August 2011 edition of Connecticut Gardener. Three of our members, Scott Hokunson of Blue Heron Landscape Design in Granby, Mary Ellen Pirozzoli of Verdesign in Ridgefield and Richard Rosiello of Rosiello Designs in New Milford offered their perspectives on their favorite native plants (see article below).
APLD Connecticut is looking forward to a long collaboration with Connecticut Gardener. The magazine is only available by subscription. Visit Connecticut Gardener’s website for information on starting your subscription today.