Now’s your chance to get involved in your APLD local chapter and make a difference…
In the coming weeks, each APLDCT member will receive an email from the current Board of Directors officially announcing the start of our annual election process. We will be seeking several new members to fill soon-to-be vacated positions on the current Board. To be eligible to serve on the APLDCT Board of Directors you must be a current member of APLD with either Associate or Certified status.
Wondering what’s involved in being on the Board of Directors of APLDCT?
- Board members serve a 2-year term. New terms will begin on January 01, 2011
- Attendance at monthly Board meetings (alternate between in-person meetings & conference calls)
- Attendance at chapter-sponsored events is greatly encouraged (especially since you’ll be instrumental in planning them!)
- Interest in rolling up your sleeves, getting involved and making a difference to help raise awareness of landscape design in the state of Connecticut
Sound interesting? rewarding? something you can do? You’re right…it is!
Important dates in this election cycle:
- November 01 – the deadline for all interested members to notify the Elections Committee of their intent to stand for election
- November 15 – the slate of nominees is officially set
- November 30 – last day to submit your vote for our new APLDCT Board
- December 15 – the new Board of Directors is announced
Stay tuned and watch your email inbox for additional information.